Today the Feminist Task Force joins the global citizen movement in launching
a campaign calling for transformative change and real action on:
– Poverty, Inequality and Climate Justice:
- We call for action on ending the feminization of poverty, gender-based violence and gender discrimination and injustice, main drivers of gender inequality and women’s poverty;
- We call for a transformative post-2015 agenda which has gender equality and women’s empowerment as central to sustainable development;
- We call for climate justice and real action to address the impacts of climate change on the lives of women, their families and communities;
- We call for ambitious financing of gender equality and for women’s organizations which will help transform the development landscape to benefit women, the socially excluded and impoverished communities;
- We call for gender-balance and women’s participation in political processes, and to ensure the voices of women are included and counted in person, in content and in data.
“Never depend upon institutions or government to solve any problem. All social movements are founded by, guided by, motivated and seen through by the passion of individuals.”
After so much talk of the year 2015, it is finally here. Much of our social, environmental, economic and gender justice work has focused on reaching a “post 2015” world. And now, we find ourselves starting the new year with resolutions and promises to do things differently. Let’s harness the determination and renewed energy of the new year to call on leaders and governments to do things differently. After all, insanity is defined by Einstein as doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. We’re beyond the same results. We’re beyond leaders doing the same old thing.
Let’s resolve to take governments to task. Let’s resolve to push leaders to do things differently and call for concrete actions towards transformational change in 2015!
Join us and partners on our Digital launch on January 15th:
Twitter chat – Join the conversation:
Use the hashtags: #action2015 #feministaction2015 @femtaskforce